What is APTC?
What is APTC?
Advance premium tax credit (APTC) is a tax credit that you can use to lower your monthly insurance payment (called your “premium”) when you enroll in a health plan through the New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange. Your tax credit is based on the income estimate and household information you put on your Marketplace application.
Federal poverty levels (FPLs) & premium tax credit eligibility
- Income between 100% and 400% FPL: If your income is in this range, in all states you qualify for premium tax credits that lower your monthly premium for a Marketplace health insurance plan.
- Income above 400% FPL: If your income is above 400% FPL, you may now qualify for premium tax credits that lower your monthly premium for a 2022 beWellnm health insurance plan.
You can use all, some, or none of your premium tax credit in advance to lower your monthly premium. You can buy health insurance through other sources, but the only way to get a premium tax credit is through beWellnm, the New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange.
- Free assistance with a certified and local expert to help with discounts that are available from low to no cost monthly premiums.
- Anonymous Shopping Tool for you to see what is available.
- Metal levels describe how the plans are designed based on costs and how you pay for the services you and your family needs.
- Are you ready to talk, chat or schedule a virtual appointment with local experts? Contact us